>Greetings Dear Readers,
I was on the Subway last week, and it was sure starting to get stinky. We’ve just started getting full on Spring-like weather here in NYC… I couldn’t believe it! I’m not trying to come off as mean or heartless. I know some people suffer from conditions and such. Most situations however, have a matter in which they can be handled.
You see, I feel for the people with a condition because it must be rough living with it. I DO NOT feel bad for people who are just lazy and forgetful! Shame on you! Do you know how hard it is to take a 45 minute Subway ride with stinky people floating around in the carts? SOME ONE HAS TO SAY IT. Everyones allowed to slip one day, but C’mon! Seriously. Then, It’s real funny when you see people nonchalantly trying to smell themselves hoping that strange odor is coming from them ha ha I think that must have happened to everyone at least once, Don’t lie.
In honor of some horrid Subway rides I’ve had to deal with… Here are some tips for staying fresh in Spring/Summer.
- Wear loose clothing: When you wear tight clothing, your body might feel a bit uncomfortable. Try breathable fabrics like cotton.
- Use scent free deodorant: Scented deodorant is not your friend! It will give you a musty smell. On top of that, when you buy an expensive perfume you want the amazing smell you paid for correct? Many people don’t know that scented deodorant clashes with your perfume and changes the scent! I kid you not my friend… ‘Tis true.
- Wash your clothing regularly: I say this for obvious reasons. We all prefer to smell Downy not the aftermath from your Soccer game (hehe).
- Don’t stress so much, Chill homie: This might be difficult for a few people but it’s nice to try. Stress causes anxiety-anxiety causes sweat-sweat is problematic at moments. Besides, being stressed sucks… I KNOW.
- Carry around gum or mints: This goes out to all my garlic, curry, etc. lovers. I love foods with strong smells as well. Mints will save the day! Think about meetings and such you might have later in the day too.
- Apply lotion or baby powder after your showers: This will keep your skin feeling fresh. Powder helps out so you don’t get rashes and lotion hydrates the skin and also gives off a pleasurable smell.
- Drink plenty of water and tea: Water keeps you hydrated and many teas have antibacterial herbs.
I’m not singling any one out, I use these as well. I believe if more people took these simple suggestions under consideration our noses would have more pleasant days/trips.
XO Nubia XO